Thursday, January 24, 2008

Stumbling Blocks

Thought I would list a few of my deadends...

My grandfather's father was John Truman Elliott (b 1854) his parents were Simeon Elliott(b 1812) and an Eliza Jane Sparks. I have not been able to find anything further on Eliza Jane and her family.

Simeon's parents were Aaron Elliott (b in Ma 1786)and Rebecca Goodrich (b 1786). Rebecca and Aaron are buried in Gelatt cemetary in PA. Rebecca's parents were William Goodrich and Rebecca Stanton and I know nothing further about them.

There are a couple anyway. Thinking about it this way will help me come up with other avenues to persue I hope.

4 comments:

JS said...

I am a relative of Daniel Elliot. I have seen the building in which he gave his testimony for Elizabeth Proctor. I have traced the genealogy from England. Do you have anything to share?

jagerhundmeister said...

I would love to share what I have, as well, being descended from Aaron through Simeon. I visit Simeon's grave in Thurston, NY often, actually!
jaselliott88@hotmail.com

JS said...

don't think I'm familiar with those names. I'll look them up. Daniel was part of the Salem Witch Trials. He defended Elizabeth Proctor in 1692. I found Ingersall’s Ordinary; the tavern in which he gave his testimony. It’s in Danvers MA. I also have a copy of part of his testimony. I plan to go to Oxford MA and see if I can find his property.

There are also Elliotts from NH and VT that served in the Civil War. One died at Chancellorsville, one died and is buried in the Fredericksburg Nat'l Cemetery, and one survived to his 90s. I visited the Fredericksburg grave. He was 20 when he died.

I have information on Daniel’s ancestors that goes back to England. If You’re interested I can send it along to you.

sweetcna said...

I am a relative of Simeon Elliott and Eliza Sparks Elliott their daughter Jane Elliott Woodward was my ggg grandma I will share info to anyone interested