Friday, March 6, 2009

From the Mail Box again

First I am going to give you a link to another blog that has consumed some (cough) of my free time this week. As a Civil War junkie it is fascinating... Civil War Days and those surnames. BTW, the March 5 entry is about a Rober Elliott which is where I got started. Another BTW is whether or not I have ever recommended 2 of my favorite FICTIONALIZE Civil War books, Killer Angels by Michael Shara and Widow of the South by Robert Hicks. Please notice I stressed fictionalized. Both books took a lot of liberties but both can really give you a feel for their events since they are both based on so much truth. Sorry I digressed...

Bert Elliott
I am looking for the parents of Bert Elliott born 30 Mar 1881 Rockford Iowa and died 8 Mar 1947 Charlotte County Michigan. He married 9 Dec 1903 in Brookfield Michigan to; Mabel Catherine Walworth she was born 25 Mar 1884 Brookfield Michigan and died 9 Jul 1974 the had two Children (son) Carroll born 19 oct 1905 Charlotte Michigan and (daughter) Virene Elliott born 4 Jul 1917 Eaton Michigan


Tea for 2

I have spent many housr browsing this web site in spite of the fact I have never had any reason to actually look for someone in any of these places but I do love cemetaries and the stories they tell so I enjoy the virtual "tours" Tea for 2

What are some of your favorite links? I am adding Mr. Linky here so you can add Your favorite site.

No comments: